H2O Innovation has an opening for a Benefits Specialist for the US territory.
Winner of the Global Water Company of the Year at the 2020 Global Water Awards, H2O Innovation is a leader in customized water and wastewater treatment solutions using membrane technologies. We have an enthusiastic team of professionals working in an international and ever-growing environment. H2O Innovation work culture is based on 3C’s: Celebrate & Communicate & Care.
Our values (L’EAU): Loyalty – Entrepreneurship – Achievement – Unity
The Benefits Specialist will hold a permanent & full-time position and will preferably be based in the Houston, Texas area. In collaboration HR Team members based in Québec (CAN) and Gulfport (MS), the selected candidate will be primarily responsible for managing the entire US benefits package as well as advising the payroll team on payroll compliance standards (500 employees, in 15 different States).
- Ensure benefits compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- Collaborate with the payroll team (based in Canada) on the compliance of the US payroll;
- Implement salary scales and conduct annual benchmark of total employee compensation;
- Coordinate the annual renewal of all benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, 401K, etc.) and all open enrollment activities;
- Carry out communications related to benefits, which means: developing communication tools and presenting (with the broker) at the annual open enrollment employee meetings, making sure managers and employees understand the benefits package and that our benefits package is well advertised;
- Introduce benefits package to new employees and assist them with registration;
- Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes;
- Make sure all benefits related modifications are properly communicated to payroll and implement controls to minimize the risk of oversights when needed;
- Validate benefit invoices, coordinate payments, and oversee monthly journal entries to properly allocate the charges between the different projects and departments;
- Coordinate the annual 401K testing and audit;
- Participate in the due diligence process for potential acquisitions with regard to employee benefits;
- Coordinate the merger of benefit plans (health insurance & 401K) with existing plans following acquisition;
- Support the HR function in other general HR matters, such as hiring, termination, communication of different procedures or internal policies, support in managing changes that can affect employees.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES DESIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field, but experience and/or other training/certification may be substituted for the education;
- Seven to ten years’ experience in benefits and payroll administration;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (Spanish is an asset);
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. and HR softwares (ADP is an asset);
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP), an asset;
- People person and team player: ability to interact positively with internal clients, enjoy helping others;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to analyze and reach a solution;
- Good sense of empathy and understanding;
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment;
- Autonomous and self-driven;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and work environments;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Available to travel in the United States about 6 times a year, for up to one week per trip (in a non-pandemic context).
Overall remuneration including:
- Health Insurances;
- 401K Plan;
- 10 statutory holidays each year;
- Share Purchase Plan;
- Paid vacation and sick days.
To apply for this position, please send your resume by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
H2O Innovation is an equal opportunity employer.
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
Join us at H2O Innovation!
Be a part of our growing team