H2O is looking for a Project Engineer.
Winner of the Global Water Company of the Year at the 2020 Global Water Awards, H2O Innovation is a leader in customized water and wastewater treatment solutions using membrane technologies. We have an enthusiastic team of professionals working in an international and ever-growing environment. H2O Innovation work culture is based on 3C’s: Celebrate & Communicate & Care.
Our values (L’EAU): Loyalty – Entrepreneurship – Achievement – Unity
The Project Engineer will hold a permanent and full-time position and will work in one of H2O Innovation’s offices (Quebec, QC, Oakville, ON, Calgary, AB or Champlin, MN locations). The Project Engineer will guide the technical design and execution of projects from purchase order to start-up.
THE DAY TO DAY:
- Development of equipment skid layouts to optimize footprint, fluid dynamics and ease of operation with the assistance of the drafting team;
- Collaborate closely with project managers and clients to incorporate best design practices;
- Liaise with electrical, controls, and process teams and external specialty engineering resources routinely;
- Oversee preparation of 3D drawings for complete water treatment systems;
- Ensure that equipment selection is compliant with project’s mechanical specifications and that standards are met (ASME, NSF, CSA/UL, ASTM etc.);
- Work with manufacturing and design groups to integrate improvements into shop drawings;
- Develop hydraulic calculations and select equipment, material of construction for pumps, valves, blowers, analytical instruments;
- Prepare lists of equipment, instruments and valves for procurement;
- Create process drawings such as P&IDs and PFDs;
- Create or fill out specification sheets for selected equipment, as required by project specifications and internal standards;
- Prepare engineering documents such as functional descriptions, operation and maintenance manuals, quality inspection programs, etc.;
- Travel to design meetings, conduct shop inspections and assist with on-site plant start-ups as required.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- A degree in chemical, environmental, civil or mechanical engineering or equivalent;
- Related work experience – in water treatment or similar field, an asset;
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- The ability to communicate in French, an asset;
- Knowledge of drinking and wastewater, an asset.
The selected candidate will also be recognized for organizational skills, rigor and attention to detail. They will be autonomous in addition to being comfortable in a multi-tasking environment. The candidate will act as a team player, who not only will share knowledge, but who will also have the desire to learn continually. Lastly, they will demonstrate a professional and positive attitude towards their team and external & internal clients.
In addition to the daily motivating challenges, the extraordinary team and the rewarding work environment, the ideal candidate will enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive Annual Salary;
- Profit sharing program;
- Group health insurance plan;
- 401K or RRSP (depending on candidate location) plan with employer match;
- Stock Purchase Plan;
- Paid vacation, sick days;
To apply for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
H2O Innovation is an equal opportunity employer.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT H2O INNOVATION:
Join us at H2O Innovation!
Be a part of our growing team