Water Treatment Plant (Reverse Osmosis & Desalination) Operator – Grade 4
The Water Treatment Plant (Reverse Osmosis & Desalination) Operator – Grade 4 will hold a permanent & full-time position and will work in Oahu, Hawaï.
We provide state government, industrial, and municipal clients with innovative and cost-effective solutions for utility system management. From our roots in the southeast, we have grown to establish regional offices in four states across the country, manages more than thirty public-private partnerships from one coast to another, and serves our clients with a staff of nearly 360 professionals. Our services include operations, maintenance, and management of public works, water, wastewater, and utility billing systems.
We are currently looking for a certified Water Treatment Plant Operator Grade 4 to join our Oahu team. This position accomplishes a variety of duties related to the daily operation of wastewater and water treatment (collection, treatment and distribution).
- Operate and conducts routine testing of RO/Desalination water plant as directed and required, records test results and maintains the plant log book with accurate and timely entries of activities;
- Maintaining the facility treatment units to include clarifiers, sampling equipment, and pumps. Identify and report the need for repairs to treatment plant equipment such as pumps, valves, motors, blowers, and chemical feed equipment;
- Monitors all alarms, charts, gauges and other operating equipment and maintains calibration of plant instrumentation and on-line analyzers according to the frequency specified by permitting agencies and/or the manufacturer;
- Calculates chemical feed rates, calibrates chemical equipments and adjusts chemical feed rates as indicated by lab tests to comply with effluent quality requirements as established for the plant. Adjusts or alters chemical treatment of plant processes as required;
- Displays adherence to established safety protocol and practice;
- Report any issues to the Area Manager.
- Hawaii Department of Health (‘’DOH’’) Water Treatment Plant Operator (WTPO) Grade 4 certification or certification comparable;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Good physical capacities1.
Overall remuneration includes:
- Health insurance will be available to the employee on the 1st of the month following 60 days of continuous employment. The following insurance products will be available to the employee:
- Health insurance;
- Health savings account (HSA);
- Voluntary dental insurance;
- Voluntary vision insurance;
- Voluntary short-term and long-term disability insurance;
- Voluntary employee, spouse and children life insurance.
- Employees are eligible to participate in the 401k plan after completing 3 months of employment. The company also contributes to the employee 401K.
- 10 sick days per year that employees can carry-over without limit.
- Employees who contribute to the 401K may also participate in the Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Paid vacation time.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
1 While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb stairs or ladders, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee may regularly lift 10-25 pounds and may occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to distinguish color, close vision and distance vision. The employee must be able to operate electric motors fueled by gasoline, diesel, or gaseous fuels, paint, and other hand tools required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely exposed to a variety of outside weather conditions, including very hot temperatures as well as snow and ice. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Join us at H2O Innovation!
Be a part of our growing team