Water & Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
H2O Innovation is looking for a Water & Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator.
Winner of the Global Water Company of the Year at the 2020 Global Water Awards, H2O Innovation is a leader in customized water and wastewater treatment solutions using membrane technologies.
H2O Innovation operates, maintains, and repairs water and wastewater treatment plants, distribution equipment and other water utilities for municipal customers. It currently employs 376 employees for the operation of forty-four (44) utilities in nine (9) US states, mainly on the US Gulf coast, Southeast, New England and the West Coast.
Under direct supervision of the Plant Manager, Water & Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator accomplishes a variety of duties related to the daily operation of wastewater and water treatment (collection, treatment and distribution). The position is located at Claremont, NH Wastewater/Water Treatment Plant.
- Conducts routine testing of wastewater and water as directed, records test results and maintains the plant log book with accurate and timely entries of activities;
- Maintains the facility treatment units to include clarifiers, sampling equipment, and pumps. Identify and report the need for repairs to treatment plant equipment such as pumps, valves, motors, blowers, and chemical feed equipment;
- Monitors all charts, gauges and other operating equipment and maintains calibration of plant instrumentation and on-line analyzers according to the frequency specified by permitting agencies and/or the manufacturer;
- Calculates chemical feed rates, calibrates chemical equipment and adjusts chemical feed rates as indicated by lab tests or by direction of the Plant Manager to comply with effluent quality requirements as established for the plant. Adjusts or alters chemical treatment of plant processes as required;
- Responsible for housekeeping and grounds-up keep including mopping, dusting, mowing and weed trimming.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES DESIRED
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Wastewater and Water NH or VT State License (preferred);
- Some technical or mechanical work experience (preferred);
- Valid driver’s license;
- On-call availability within a 30-minute response time and rotational weekend duty is required for this position;
- Ability to work alone, with minimal supervision is a must;
- Must be able to operate electric motors fueled by gasoline, diesel, or gaseous fuels.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Walking & Standing: 4-8 hr/day;
- Bending & Reaching: 4-8 hr/day;
- Pushing & pulling: 4-8 hr/day;
- Driving 4-6 hr/day;
- Physical Effort: regularly lift 10-25 pounds and may occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds;
- Environmental Stress: busy atmosphere, working inside and outside.
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors in often harsh weather conditions.
Overall remuneration includes:
- Health insurance will be available to the employee on the 1st of the month following 60 days of continuous employment. The following insurance products will be available to the employee:
- Health insurance;
- Health savings account (HSA);
- Voluntary dental insurance;
- Voluntary vision insurance;
- Voluntary short-term and long-term disability insurance;
- Voluntary employee, spouse and children life insurance.
- Employees are eligible to participate in the 401k plan after completing 3 months of employment. The company also contributes to the employee 401K.
- 10 sick days per year that employees can carry-over without limit.
- Employees who contribute to the 401K may also participate in the Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Paid vacation time.
- Reimbursement of $125 for the purchase of safety boots.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com.
H2O Innovation is an equal opportunity employer.
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
Join us at H2O Innovation!
Be a part of our growing team