Wastewater Plant Operator
H2O Innovation is looking for a Wastewater Plant Operator.
Choose a career at H2O Innovation with a team of passionate and highly self-motivated water treatment professionals working on multidisciplinary challenges in an international, dynamic and ever-growing environment. Here, we encourage entrepreneurship and celebrate achievements. We work together to
reach ambitious goals in an environment where fulfilling commitments and integrity are valued.
H2O Innovation is known for its state of the art water and wastewater treatment systems as well as providing water and wastewater plant operations and maintenance management support across North America. H2O is seeking a part-time Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator in the Calgary & Kananaskis Region facilities. Work ranges from a minimum of 14 hours per week to 30 hours (as needed).Your care and attention to detail will ensures client and public satisfaction.
Reporting to the Operations Lead and Project Manager, the Wastewater Plant Operator will be responsible for:
- Consistently offering professional, engaging and friendly service ;
- Ensures all work is performed in a safe and efficient manner ;
- Maintenance and operation of the treatment plants and pumping stations according to related Government standards ;
- Maintenance and operation of the filtering and chemical treatment process ;
- Conduct regular inspections of the collection and distribution systems as well as the plants ;
- Maintain all related readings and documentation ;
- Keeping a daily log and documenting of analytical parameters ;
- Preparation of work orders for servicing and repairs ;
- Preparation activity and work orders reports ;
- Recommending the purchase of goods and equipment, and maintain inventory ;
- Providing reports to government agencies, departments, and other organizations as required ;
- Compliance with all safety and sanitation policies ;
- Ability to communicate effectively with other personnel and supervisors ;
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES DESIRED
- A minimum of Level 1 in Wastewater Treatment is required ;
- Experience operating and maintaining Wastewater Treatment Plants and related equipment required ;
- Must be flexible and demonstrate a dedication to the position and to public services ;
- Computer literate with ability to use Microsoft Word, and Excel ;
- Valid Alberta Driver’s License required ;
- Excellent and professional oral and written communication skills.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Walking & Standing: 4-8 hr/day ;
- Bending & Reaching: 4-8 hr/day ;
- Pushing & pulling: 4-8 hr/day ;
- Physical Effort: does not lift weights more than 100 lbs ;
- Environmental Stress: busy atmosphere, working inside and outside.
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors and at times in harsh winter conditions.
The selected candidate will be recognized for his/her organizational skills, rigor and analytical skills. He/she will be autonomous in addition to being comfortable in a multi-tasking environment. The candidate will be goal oriented and will act as a team player, who not only will share his/her knowledge, but who will also have the desire to learn continually. Lastly, he/she will demonstrate a professional and positive attitude towards his/her team and the external & internal clients.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com.
H2O Innovation is an equal opportunity employer.
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
Join us at H2O Innovation!
Be a part of our growing team